The Rossoneri are the latest club to be linked with Cassano...
Jan 2, 2010 8:50:29 AM

Il Corriere Dello Sport reports the Rossoneri are eager to return on 'Il Talentino's' trail as Leonardo searches for attacking reinforcements.
It is believed that Klass-Jan Huntelaar's struggle to grasp the Italian game has prompted Adriano Galliani to have a rethink, and resubscribe to the Cassano idea having flirted with it in the past. The club chief admitted that the Samp forward had been an option, but the deal never took flight.
"When he was at Real Madrid I had thought about him, but then nothing happened. I really like Cassano, but we need a centre-forward above all as we already have Ronaldinho in that role," Galliani said last summer.
However, plenty has changed since then. Leonardo is looking for alternatives, while it was not long ago when Cassano himself threatened to walk out on his side after fans jeered him following a negative period.
It is said the Rossoneri want another playmaker as an alternative to Ronaldinho and Alexandre Pato. Milan have Champions League and Scudetto ambitions this term, and having Cassano could be the key to unlocking the trophy vault. A problem could be the player's €25 million price tag given Milan's recent hints at curbing spending.
Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com




